Let’s Make Childhood Cancer History Together!
# p a s s h r e s 4 0 4 # D I P G w o n t w a i t # H O U S E V O T E
sorry for the delay, but needed this key information from House Leadership. We are working with Congresswoman Dingell’s office, Congressman Joyce and Congressman McCaul’s teams.
Just 2 more steps to #passHRES404, as the Office of the Speaker of the House is supportive, and so we are making the case to the Majority Leader to schedule a vote for the DIPG Awareness Resolution. For this, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Please add your signature to the sign-on form to support:
- Sign-on Form to Support | Read the actual Letter to the Majority Leader
- YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR CHILD’S PICTURE to be present for the historic vote! Please send your child’s picture, name to email@example.com by December 1 if possible, to be included. Of course we will accept them as long as we can; the actual vote itself is the next hurdle.
Soon to populate: twitter handles, graphics, and social media messaging in the case of a scheduled vote! THE RESOLUTION WILL NEED 290 VOTES TO ACTUALLY PASS!!!
- share these videos with #passHRES404 #HouseVOTE #DIPGwontwait
- Cassie Diaz: https://youtu.be/A30qQ7zDCaY (the problem is: not enough people know about DIPG)
- Jace Ward: https://youtu.be/_636Beud4z0 (time and time again, the proven catalyst for a cure is AWARENESS.)
- Phil Tan: https://youtu.be/GH_F5JDV2aw (it’s unacceptable that treatments…for this leading killer of kids…have not improved in 40 years.)
- Grace Wethor: https://youtu.be/B0GbU88KET8 (survivor who lives in the shadow of DIPG expresses the importance of largely unseen children with brain cancer to be known, their stories heard, and survivors seen)
- below: Reps Debbie Dingell and David Joyce share their commitment to seeing the DIPG Awareness Resolution pass. https://youtu.be/8mtO98LXKeE
Two really good resources for finding contact info for your Reps staff, Reps in your state and around the United States: Congressweb.com, under public resources; and Govtrack.us, under members you can search your state. For constituent pull, it’s absolutely ok to message all your state reps. We actually need a couple people who want to do this. There are 50 of them! And don’t forget the territories…
AND…Dont forget! Let’s get the Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Act 2.0 through the Senate and signed by the President, AND, tell your Reps to support the “Give Kids A Chance Act.”